Holland & Holland Law Offices

(Monday - Thursday):

8 am - 5 pm | (Friday):

8 am - 4 pm | (Saturday - Sunday):

Closed |

Call For A Free Consultation

(562) 694-3821
Should I Handle My Personal Injury Claim Myself?
  • By: Derek Holland
  • Published: June 2, 2021

If you live in California and have suffered a personal injury, do you have plans to file a claim against an insurance company? A lot of people wonder if they should try to settle their personal injury case themselves. Insurance companies know that few people have the knowledge or patience required to battle a personal injury claim effectively. Because of this, insurance companies often drag out the claims process using various tactics to wear the claimant down. They then count on these frustrated claimants accepting reduced offers or giving up altogether. California personal injury attorneys advise prospective clients against navigating… Read More

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
  • By: Derek Holland
  • Published: May 18, 2021

Why do I need UM/UIM coverage on my auto policy? Approximately 1 in 8 people are driving around without auto insurance. Aren’t you required by law to have insurance on your auto? Yes, but the fact that it is required does not change the numbers. Approximately 13% of people are driving without auto insurance. Add to that fact that a lot of the people driving around with auto insurance are driving with the bare minimum required by law. In California that amount is 15/30/5. What do those number mean? $15,000 bodily injury limits for one person injured, $30,000 per accident… Read More

I’ve Been In An Accident What Do I Do?
  • By: Derek Holland
  • Published: May 18, 2021

Here are some simple steps that can be taken when at the scene of the accident.The first thing you want to do is get out of danger. If possible, move to the side of the road, sidewalk or parking lot. If your car is drivable and not in a dangerous spot, then take a couple pictures of the scene and move it to the side of the road.The next thing you want to do is to call 911 and get the police to come out and write a report. If you or another party are injured, then you will also… Read More